Saturday, February 11, 2012

Misaligned

midslihnrf. 
Here is a phenomenon about myself that I have never been able to understand.  Every once in a while, I start typing too quickly or too lazily and my hands get one key off.  Instead of making nice coherent sentences, everything comes out like s nunvh og hinnrtidh ( translation: a bunch of gibberish).  What I don't understand is that I always follow this illogical pattern:

1) Notice that all the letters I typed on the screen aren't actually forming words.
2) Frown
3) Erase the half page of gibberish.
4) Start typing again without fixing my hands.
5) Frown at my incompetence when I make the same mistake again. and again. and again.

It's like running the vaccum over the same piece of string 50 times in a row because you are convinced that the 51st time will be the charm.

The sad thing is, I do this with my life too.   I wake up one day and realize that everything is a mess and run around like crazy trying to fix everything and once I do, continue living in the same way with out realigning my life with God.  Sometimes, its because I'm just going too fast to notice that something is wrong or I'm too stubborn to admit that the problem is me.  Either way, I don't particularly like my life story being a bunch of gibberish.

Which is why I'm thankful for nights like this, when my schedule becomes so busy that I refuse to pick between four different plans and instead stay in my room and think and pray and realign. 

It's time to start making sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment