1) Please don’t buy us gifts. It’s sweet but it just makes everything awkward. Spending time with us and listening to us > anything you could ever buy us. (caveat: this depends on love languages aka not a universal rule for all girls)
2) Your attractiveness level increases exponentially with personality. Not necessarily outgoingness, because we can see through that. Just having a solid character works.
3) Don’t play games.
5) We aren’t looking for the cookie-cutter romantic night out. A walk and a cup of coffee will do just fine.
6) Don’t tell me I’m perfect or the most beautiful girl on campus. I know I’m not, and you’re not, and that’s okay.
7) Along the same lines, don’t change for us. Holding yourself to higher standards is fine, but if we like you, it’s because we like you just the way you are.
8) Mostly, we just want you to make us feel safe.
9) We like to feel confident and self-sufficient, but deep down, we just want someone to take us by the hand and lead the way. Even the leaders don’t want to lead all the time.
10) Flirting is overrated. We don’t like having to do it and there are better ways to show you are interested.
11) Never treat us any differently in front of your guy friends. If we are good enough for you, we are good enough for them.
12) Don’t tell us that we complete you. We should be compatible and need/want each other but ultimately, God completes us. If you need a girl to complete you, you probably shouldn’t have one.
13) When we cry, you can’t do, smash, or fix anything. We just want to be held.
14) What we love most are the moments when you are truly yourself. Those are tender and romantic. Don’t engineer things to try to be what you think we want.
15) Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Don’t tell us what you think we want to hear. Trust us, the truth has a way of coming out in the end.
16) Females are typically the ones that are stereotyped as being the insecure ones, so we have a hard time understanding that you are afraid of rejection too. That being said, we still want you to be willing to put yourself out there, and…
17) Initiate. Say something. Tell us you have feelings for us. BE A MAN (cue Mulan music). Because the girl that’s worth waiting for is one who is going to wait for the guy to lead the way. A pushy girl may make things easy for you, but as fast as you get into that relationship is as fast as you’re getting out.
18) A sincere compliment is the key to a girl’s heart.
19) We want to be able to build you up, but don’t belittle yourself in order to force the encouragement. We’ll give it without asking, we promise.
20) As much as you can, try and notice the little things. We feel special when you tell us that you remember something about us.
21) Your attractiveness increases TEN-FOLD if you show us that you are good with children.
22) Poetry/notes/letters are not over-rated.
23) We like guys with a good sense of humor, but you don’t always have to try to be funny.
24) Don’t be a different person around your guy friends than you are one-on-one with us. It’s annoying when you are a different person depending on who you are hanging out with.
25) We will judge you based on the quality of your friends. Choose wisely.
26) We LOVE figuring out what you are passionate about. Don’t be afraid to tell us.
27) It’s great having someone to go out on a date with, to hold, to kiss, and do all of the things that people in a relationship normally do. But above all, if we have feelings for you, we really want to be your best friend. Because YOU are OURS.
28) As mentioned previously, being a leader is important. But being the SPIRITUAL leader is essential.
29) Can you dance? No? LEARN. (Singing is a great alternative.)
30) We love hugs. The end.
There it is! If you're a guy, what would you like to tell us? Comment if you so desire.