Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pretending to be an Insomniac

I'm not, though.  Rather, I'm quite good at sleeping.  I used to practice putting my brain to sleep at bedtime when I was little, and now it seems to turn off all on its own most nights (and most days it seems too).  Exciting things can put me to sleep and boredom can put me to sleep.  I'm probably closer to being a narcoleptic than an insomniac.

Yet tonight, I will fight sleep and I will win for a while.  I am afraid of what dreams might contain and want to hold onto reality a little bit longer.

I have nothing profound to say.  Nothing of value or intrinsic worth.  Which is why I haven't posted here in such a very long time.  The good thing is, I'm pretty sure I've disappeared off the blog sphere world and I doubt this will reach many eyes, let alone minds.

Not that my life is meaningless.  It is brimming with significant events and lessons but I haven't figured them out yet and don't feel like this is an appropriate place for such half-thoughts.

And maybe that is why I won't sleep tonight.  This blinking cursor mocks me with the thoughts I'm too scared to write. I'm constantly searching for distraction but the world around me is in temporary death and will provide none.

No comments:

Post a Comment